If you’re like most people, you love sunsets. They bring calm, beauty, and inspiration into our lives. Recently, we added a beautiful salmon sculpture to our grounds (see photos). This was a gift from friends to honor the memory of a past innkeeper named Victor who brought so many amazing gifts to his work here and created a legacy that many repeat guests still remember.
We placed the sculpture so the sunlight would dance with it every time the sun sets. When you visit, be sure to take time to experience the amazing sunsets (and sun rises!) that dance across the skies and waters of the scenic Olympic Peninsula. The sunsets are amazing, wherever you view them, but here are our Top 5 Most Amazing Sunset Views:
5. Hurricane Ridge: simply stunning views (and the earliest sunsets because of the height!)… and stay around for a while afterward for the most amazing Star Watching anywhere.
4. Cape Flattery: high on a bluff above the crashing waves, catch a whale spouting if you look closely enough.
3. Rialto Beach: nothing like the sun setting against the backdrop of sea stacks, arches, and ancient giants.
2. Lake Crescent Lodge: on certain nights, the sun sets right across the lake, framed by the mountains and reflecting across the still water of this glacial lake.
1. Domaine Madeleine: why go anywhere at all to view the sunset, when you can curl up with a blanket and a bottle of wine and watch the sun set over the Strait of Juan de Fuca and light up the sky with amazing colors across Vancouver Island while the lights of Victoria begin to twinkle, coloring Mt. Baker in vivid reds, oranges, and purples.