As this year ends and a new one begins, we reflect on the wonders of the past and look forward to the prosperity to come. We have so much to be thankful for, especially our guests, who have chosen Domaine Madeleine Bed and Breakfast as their “home away from home”. We look forward to welcoming you back with a renewed spirit of gracious hospitality in 2016.
Recently, we read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo. This fascinating little book focuses on cleaning your closets and drawers, as well as bringing a little order into your emotional and spiritual lives. When evaluating all the “things” that surround you, ask yourself “Does this bring me joy?” It’s the perfect question to reflect on especially at this time of year.
So, as we move forward in 2016, we’re examining everything we do to see how we can bring more joy into your life.
Completion of Our Updates
We know luxurious and comfortable surroundings bring joy to you.
In 2014, we began updates around the property with a goal of finishing in early 2016. We’re well on track to hit that goal. We plan to have our luxurious suites and bathrooms updated in time for your romantic Valentine’s getaway.
- Our largest suites are getting furniture updates to make them more comfortable.
- Our other suites are getting updated spa-inspired bathrooms.
- Our Cottage is getting a top-to-bottom makeover with beautiful new flooring, a luxurious spa bathroom, and a relaxing solarium seating area.
Surprises and New Amenities
We know that the “little things” and our attention to details bring joy to you.
- In 2014, we introduced new luxurious bed linens and sustainable bath products.
- In 2015, we introduced new comfortable towels. We began updating our furnishings. We refined our gardens and outdoor spaces. We also increased our sustainability practices.
- In 2016, our focus is on creating a more personalized stay for each guest. We’re adding additional luxury amenities and surprises. For example, guests who stay two or more nights in January receive a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine to celebrate the New Year.
Celebration of Our Scenic Surroundings
2016 brings joy to our friends at Olympic National Park.
This coming year, the National Park Service celebrates 100 years of stewardship. Olympic National Park also celebrates 40 years of recognition as an International Biosphere Reserve. The scenic Olympic Peninsula brings joy to you as well. To celebrate that and the improvements to our property, we are rechristening our updated rooms. Stay tuned to discover the new names that fit their stature as the most comfortable and luxurious accommodations near Olympic National Park.
Crafting New Breakfast and Dining Options
We know our breakfasts bring joy to you.
We’re grateful for all the amazingly positive reviews we receive in our rooms’ Gratitude Books, on TripAdvisor, Google, Yelp, Facebook, and Instagram. We’re introducing new and expanded dining options to bring even more personalized choices to our guests. These will include:
- private in-room dining in our largest suites
- romantic picnic lunches
- light dinner options ready in your room when you arrive
- new breakfast entrees featuring local organic ingredients
Personalization and Flexibility
We know having a personalized experience when you visit the beautiful Olympic Peninsula brings you joy.
We’re introducing new ways to customize your stay. You can look forward to:
- flexible arrival times
- mobile self check-in
- late check-out options
- simplified policies
- seamless service requests via mobile devices
We’re also introducing new packages that bring together all of the elements of a joy-filled stay like: in-room massages, adventure tours, bike rentals, dining options, and more.
There is so much joy to be had in 2016, we’re practically bursting at the seams. May your year be filled with joy for you and your family. We hope to welcome you soon.